Last Update: November 8 2016
Thank you for using ‘Look at Me’ Mobile Application (“LaM”).
You have to be 13 years or older to use the App and the services provided therein. You may also use your Facebook user id to use LaM/the Service. In-case you are under 13 years of age we regret to inform you that you are not eligible to create an account on LaM/the Service and/or use LaM/the Service. We wrote this Policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have in relation to our services, Application, website and the software provided on or in connection with Look at Me/LaM. For more information on restrictions on use of the App / information that may be shared on the App, please visit our ‘Terms & Conditions of Usage’: http://lookatmeapp.co/terms.html.
Since we are an internet Company, some of the concepts may be technical, but we’ve tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way. We welcome your questions and comments on this policy. In-case you have any queries, please feel free to write into us at email@example.com.
By using LaM you understand and agree that we are providing a platform for you to post content online, including photos, images and comments ("User Content"), you also understand after you post such content/any content, such User Content shall be available publicly. This means that other users/persons/entities may search for, see or share any of the User Content that you post online through LaM. LaM assumes zero liability of the User Content posted/uploaded by you and you shall keep LaM harmless and indemnified against any claim/demand raised by any person on account of any User Content posted/uploaded by you.
LaM reserves the right to remove, without permission, any User Content deemed inappropriate, or is reported by other users/persons/entities for example, User Content containing nudity, obscene images, etc. Any user content that violates copyrights, trademarks etc. or any intellectual property right, shall also be removed. LaM reserves the right to ban any User, report to authorities, and take action against any User who misuses LaM and/or posts content that may be deemed inappropriate.
LaM reserves the right to change our Policy at any time and without notice, so be sure to check this Policy regularly to understand how we use your information.
THE RATING SYSTEM
You can rate User Content that you have access to with options provided on the App like swiping/tapping the ‘heart’ (in-case you like the User Content) and swiping/tapping the ‘cross’ (incase you dislike the User Content).
The Ratings are provided by the Users/users in their own discretion. The Rating System only mirrors the general view of the Users/users for the User Content posted by you. The Rating System cannot be used to justify popularity of any particular User Content.
LaM does not solicit/influence /control the Ratings provided by the Users/users. LaM shall not be responsible in any manner for the Ratings provided by the Users/users to the User Content posted by you and/or any other user/person or entity.
Rating User Content does not result in the sharing of any personally identifiable information with the owner of that User Content.
Ratings by other users of your User Content will be shown to you in the form of counts of likes/hearts and dislikes/crosses. You will not be given the personal identity of the individuals providing you with the ratings.
LaM reserves the right to change the Rating System at anytime without liability and without giving any prior notice.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information in a few different ways, which have been defined below:
Information you give us permission to obtain:
- You can sign in using your ‘Facebook Account’. When you do so, you authorize us to access your Facebook account information, such as your public Facebook profile (consistent with your privacy settings in Facebook), your email address, interests, likes, gender, birthday, education history, relationship interests, current city, photos, personal description, friend list, and information about and photos of your Facebook friends who might be common Facebook friends with other LaM users.
- The Information we get from those services like Facebook or any other websites often depends on your settings on Facebook or such websites and/or privacy policies of Facebook and such websites. Therefore, you are advised to check the privacy policies of Facebook and other websites.
- You will also be asked to allow LaM to collect your Location Information from your device/mobile when you download or use the App.
- Such information may include your current location, location of your house, work place etc.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE US DIRECTLY
- In order to register as a User with LaM, you will be asked to register by providing your :
Note: LaM shall reserves the right to provide the User Id at its sole discretion, subject to availability.
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Email address
- User id
- Facebook Account information.
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, images and/or any other materials) that you post to the App.
- Communications between you and LaM. For example, we may send you service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of service-related e-mails.
We may disclose to third party services certain personally identifiable information listed below:
- Information you provide us such as name, email, mobile phone number
- Information we collect as you access and use our service, including device information, location and network carrier
This information is shared with third-party service providers so that we can:
- Personalize the app for you
- Perform behavioral analytics
Cookies and similar technologies
Log file information
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or App. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or App is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our App, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the app, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the App.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our App, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us, or others, provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- User can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more relevant for other users. All photos and images posted on the App are automatically geotagged, and your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature) if your photo is made public by you in accordance with your privacy settings for each photo.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the App;
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our App
- Develop and test new products and features
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- Diagnose or fix technology problems
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our Service or others’ products, services, or content;
- Communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- Conduct website or Mobile Application/App analytics;
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- Perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- Automatically update the LaM application on your device
EXTERNAL LINKS ON APP
LaM includes links to third party affiliates and may include advertisements hyperlinks to other websites, applications, content or resources. We have no control over such external links present in LaM, which are provided by persons or companies other than us. LaM does not share user personal information with those websites and is not responsible for their privacy practices
You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any collection or disclosure of your personal information by any external sites, applications, companies or persons, nor do we endorse any advertising, products or other material on or available from such external application, websites or resources.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside the Company (or the group of companies of which LaM is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that LaM is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). But these Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your photos.
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the App, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set (for example, age restriction of Users to whom the content will be shared). You can change your privacy settings on the App.
- Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any User Content that you make public is shown to other Users.
- If you remove information that you posted to the App, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the App, or if other Users or third parties using the LaM API have copied or saved that information.
What happens in the event of a change of control
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of your home country where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing
- Your information collected through the App may be stored and processed in Singapore or any other country in which LaM, its Affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
- LaM, its Affiliates, or service providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world.
- If you are located in the U.S., European Union or other regions where the laws governing data collection and use differ from Singapore law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to Singapore and the courts at Singapore shall have jurisdiction. The law as applicable in Singapore shall be applicable on the Company for governing data collection and use at all times.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information provided by you and/or collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, LaM cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to LaM or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and LaM at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to LaM make to their services.
- We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings
- You may update your account on LaM at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- You may unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the App, technical and security notices)
- To learn more about reviewing or modifying your account information you may write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How long we keep your User Content
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, LaM, its Affiliates, or its service providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
- To learn more about deleting your account/User Content you may write into us at email@example.com.
YOUNG ADULTS POLICY
LaM considers persons from the age of 13-18 years as 'Young Adults'. If you a Young Adult you will be allowed to register and use the LaM and shall be considered a User under the Policy, however, you must always have the consent of your Parents. LaM assumes that by registering you have taken parental consent to create an account and use LaM. IN CASE YOU DO NOT HAVE PARENTAL CONSENT THEN YOU MUST NOT CREATE AN ACCOUNT AND/OR ACCESS OR USE LAM AND/OR ANY SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY.
- While using LaM, Young Adults can post content online, including photos, images and comments (i.e. the User Content), which can be viewed publicly. We assume that Young Adult using the App has Parental Consent and the Parents shall be responsible to all acts of the Young Adult. Parents are advised to keep a tab on the images, pictures, comments posted by Young Adults on LaM.
- LaM assumes zero liability of the User Content posted by Young Adults on the App.
- LaM reserves the right to remove without permission any User Content deemed inappropriate, or is reported by other users/persons/entities/Parents for example, User Content containing nudity, obscene images, etc. Any user content that that violates copyrights, trademarks etc. or any intellectual property right shall also be removed.
- LaM reserves the right to ban any Young Adult, report to authorities, and take action against any Young Adult/Parents in case a Young Adult misuses LaM and/or posts content that may be deemed inappropriate.
- LaM does not solicit any information or User Content from any Young Adult. LaM further declares that any information collected about the Young Adult by LaM is directly through the Young Adult or through the Facebook Account provided by the Young Adult at the time of registration and such information is voluntarily provided by the Young Adult. LaM does not physically verify any information provided by the Young Adult.
- In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a Young Adult without Parental Consent we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a Young Adult without Parental Consent, you may write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LaM does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the App. The App and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
- We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from our App (including Facebook) and including the information or content contained within them.
- Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service, including those that have a link on our website, are subject to that third party's own rules and policies.
- In addition, you agree that we are not responsible and do not have control over any third-parties that you authorize to access your User Content. If you are using a third-party website or service and you allow them to access your User Content you do so at your own risk.
HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT A DECEASED USER
In the event of the death of a User, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will usually conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.
HOW TO CONTACT US